Thursday 24 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 24



Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils,
millet and spelt; put them in a storage
jar and use them to make bread for yourself.
Ezekiel 4:9


I thank you Father for another day to give you glory Honor and praise. I thank you for another day to be all that I can and should be. I thank you for another day to open my mouth wide and for you to fill it with your word; the bread of life.

Yesterday, was a very long day for me. I was out of the house before 8am and did not get back home till about 11:30pm. I was tired, and extremely hungry. I am very particular about what I eat so I had to hold the hunger until I got home. I made something food and sat down to eat around 12:00 Midnight! There is nothing like drinking some warm soup,  and hot cocoa, when its freezing cold outside. Thank you Jesus!

Today dear Papa, I say A BIG THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING ME WITH FOOD TO EAT. Yes, its a bit of a strange or funny thank you, but I am thankful all the same. I am thankful for food because I have some to eat, through the resources you provided for me.

I am thankful because I am very aware there are a lot of people who go hungry every single day, especially at this time of the year when man practices over-indulgence. I am thankful that I have just the right amount to eat, keep for tomorrow and share with those who don't have. Thank you so much Jesus, because you know when I was growing up, the story was very much different!

I am thankful because, even from the beginning of time, you provided food for me and you still keep providing as shown in Genesis 1: 29 - 30, "Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so."

I am thankful because you not only give me food to eat but teach me the right foods for nutrition and healing to my body, as you teach in Leviticus 11:3-8 and Proverbs 23:20-21

I am thankful for food because it is a constant reminder that even though I eat physical food, it is only you that can fill me up as you ARE the bread of life as declared in John 6:35, "Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." This is my very safeguard for not using food as an anchor to my emotions or not indulge in gluttony, which is the order of today.

I am thankful for food because through sharing my food with the less privileged, I am able to show the compassion of Jesus Christ.

So Papa, today, I say a BIG THANK YOU for giving me both physical and spiritual food to eat. I am thankful for the ability to eat the right type of food that you teach me to in your word. I am thankful for the ability to share my food with those who don't have.


Father, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving and praise is sweet smelling and acceptable in your presence this very day. In the mighty nam of Jesus I Praise, Thanks and Pray. Amen.

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE WHAT ARE
YOU THANKFUL TO GOD FOR TODAY?


Much Love, Remi
***Pictures by photobucket***

5 Comments:

David C Brown said...

We thank Thee, Lord, what Thou hast sent
In goodness led us to repent.

Myne said...

Thank you Oh Lord for bringing me to a knowledge of you and keeping me in the faith. Not by power or might...

Ifeoluwa said...

I thank you for Joy. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@all, Thank you for your thanksgiving comments.

Father, I pray that the thanksgiving of your children is acceptable in your presence today. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen

Anonymous said...

Thank God for the gift of friendship.....

King's Kid