Tuesday 8 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 8



I will always show you where to go
I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places—
firm muscles, strong bones.
You'll be like a well-watered garden,
a gurgling spring that never runs dry.
Isaiah 58:11


I thank you Lord for another day to declare your glory, majesty and honor. I thank you for another day to express my appreciation for all that you have done, are doing and are yet to do for, with and through me, for your glory.

My thanksgiving and praise today is also a confession. Yesterday, I went to work with my gym bag intending on going for a workout after work. By the end of the day I was tired and exhausted, it was a hectic day at the office. Also, I felt I was coming down with a cold. I told a couple colleagues that I would just go home. However, I had to pass through the gym to get home.

As I got towards the gym I told myself "No way I am getting a cold, I am going in and working this body and I declare I am strong." It's amazing what a little prep talk to yourself can do. I proceeded to have one of the best workouts I have had in a long while. It was an hour's boxing class and I showed the punch bags who was boss! The funny thing was after the exercise, I felt much better and healthier and stronger than when I left work. In the shower after my workout, I had to whisper a 'thank you' to God; thanking him for my energy, strength, for good and perfect health! (sorry Toyin & Anne...that is my confession, I went to the gym in the end, after I said I won't...but see I felt much better afterwards, and still do **smile** )


So today, dear papa, I am thankful for MY ENERGY LEVELS, AND GOOD AND PERFECT HEALTH. I am thankful that from January till now, I have not had any sickness or illness. You have kept me in perfect health, full of energy and vitality.


Yes, I do seem to constantly amaze my friends on how long my "positive hyperactive" energy levels seems to go on for! This I recognise is a gift from you, which I am thankful for. I pray that I continue to put it to good use!


I am thankful Papa, because you are my source of energy and strength as declared in Isaiah 40: "The LORD gives strength to those who are weary." You are the one that keeps me running, I don't run on empty, I run on you.

I am thankful Papa, because you are the one that gives me strength to do all that I do; I renew my strength in you daily giving me a reality of Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust the LORD will find new strength.They will be strong like eagles soaring upward on wings; they will walk and run without getting tired."

I am thankful Papa, because you will ALWAYS make me strong by giving me your strength just like David declared in Psalm 18:32a... "God arms me with strength..."

So today, Papa, I say a big THANK YOU for my MY ENERGY LEVELS and for GOOD AND PERFECT HEALTH. I thank you that because you are with me and strengthen me, in spirit, mind body and soul. I can indeed do ALL things, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Papa, I pray that my offering of Thanksgiving and praise is acceptable and sweet smelling in your presence today in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I Praise, Thanks and Pray. Amen



BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, WHAT ARE YOU
THANKFUL TO THE LORD FOR THIS VERY DAY?



Much Love, Remi
***pictures by photobucet & google***

7 Comments:

Kafo said...

Today i am thanking God for the ability to confess my sins.


i to had planned to go to the gym and all my stuff was in my car but i convinced myself that studying this week was more important cuz of finals

sniffle sniffle

jhazmyn said...

i love the bible passage and its sure works wen we speak to ourselves...

Lol at kafo's confession

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@kafo.. lol.. that was funny! lol.. pele...

@jhazmyn, yup sure does. There is nothing sometimes, like encouraging oneself. yeah... Kafo's confession had me in stitches..:-)

Olufunke said...

yes o, days of thankgiving
way to go...........

Anonymous said...

thank God for strength to carry on no matter how chaallenging the day has been......

King's kid

ifeoluwa said...

Thank you for your promises to me and for strength to keep going.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

@ all, wonderful praises to the king.

Father in the name of Jesus, I pray that the praises and thanks of your children is acceptable in your presence today, in the mighty name of Jesus we all, Thanks, Praise and Pray Amen!

Keep the praises coming people.... ! much love :-)