Thursday 17 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 17


For in the days of David and Asaph
of old, there was a chief of singers and
songs of praise and thanksgiving to God
Nehemiah 12:46


Yesterday morning, as usual, I was in the gym, a bit disgruntled from the cold, but still raring to go. It was a struggle to get started. What helped me was some sweet music from my trusting mp3 player. A few tracks in, I forgot the cold and grunted away in tune to the music and dumb bell lifts. Ah music is good.

Today dear Papa, I say a BIG THANK YOU FOR MUSIC… at this point I remember this song by ABBA:

“and then I thank you for the music,
the songs that I am singing.
Thanks for all the joy they are bringing
Who can live without it?
I ask in all honesty
What would like be
without a song to dance to?”


I am thankful for music, for like David the Psalmist, I know it is good to sing praises unto your holy name... Psalm 147:1 "Hallelujah! It's a good thing to sing praise to our God; praise is beautiful, praise is fitting."

I am thankful that like David, everyday you give and teach me a new song to sing (as I clear my throat to belt a tune this morning, X - factor contestants watch out oh!! ), Psalm 40:3 "He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God. More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God.".
I am thankful because I can sing to praise and worship you anywhere, anytime, in and out of key; its still praises to you and you still listen and are still glorified.

I am thankful for when I sing your praises, right there are you; you inhabit my praises.. Psalm 22:3, "But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.."

So today, dear Papa, I say a big THANK YOU for the gift of music. I am thankful for the ability to hear and listen to music. I am thankful for the ability to appreciate music. I am thankful for the ability to praise and worship you through music. I am thankful for the ability to express myself to you through music. I am thankful for music helps me through some difficult tasks such as exercising when not in the mood! **smile**.

Papa, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving for you for music, is sweet smelling and acceptable in your presence today. Be honored, glorified and praised. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I praise, thanks and pray. Amen




BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, WHAT ARE
YOU THANKFUL TO GOD FOR TODAY?



Much Love, Remi
***pictures by photobucket & google***

6 Comments:

Toni said...

I am thankful for this season and what it means to followers of Christ and to ALL in this world. I pray that the meaning God wants us to understand of it, is shared with all.

Reverence said...

I am definietly also thankful for music. i cant even imagine life without it.

David C Brown said...

We thank Thee, lord, in everything
We have ability to sing.

Jae said...

Hey girl, I'm definitely with you on this one - I'm soooo thankful for the music - not sure what I'd do without it.

Today I'm also thankful that God always gives us second/third/fiftieth chances and never gives up on us no matter what even if other people don't

ifeoluwa said...

I am thankful Lord for your faithfulness and for MUSIC.

Be Thou My Vision said...

Sharing this kind of topic is very helpful-- thank you so much!
Looking forward for more of your posts soon.