Tuesday 22 December 2009

31 Days Thanksgiving & Praise - DAY 22

There is a time for everything, and a
season for every activity under heaven:

Ecclesiastes 3:1


I thank you Lord for another day to give you glory, honor and praise. I thank God for another day to experience the seasons of life, physically and spiritually.


For the past few days we have had snow in England, thick, fluffy and beautiful snow. The wonders of God's works is truly amazing. I was standing on the train platform yesterday evening, marvelling at the snowflakes as they fell from the sky to the ground. I was transfixed. I wondered, how does God make this snow and how does it fall from the sky? I bet there is a scientific explanation, but for a moment, indulge my imagination. I thought, maybe the rivers in heaven got really frozen and he decided to thaw them a bit. Then I thought about a good friend of mine, who loves ice cream, no matter the weather, then I thought, oh maybe Papa is making a huge bowl of ice cream and then the flakes are part of the preparation? Or then maybe there is a party going on in heaven and the snow flakes are the confetti the angels are throwing around as they celebrate. Like I said, humour and flow with my imagination! lol



Today dear Papa, I SAY THANK YOU for the privilege to EXPERIENCE THE CHANGE IN SEASONS; winter, spring, summer and Autumn. I am thankful because the change in seasons reminds me of your infinite power and authority. You are the only one who has the sole power to change the seasons of this life and indeed in my life as declared in: Daniel 2:2, "He changes the times and seasons of the year. He takes away the power of kings "


I am thankful to experience the seasons of life because it reminds me of the perfect purpose of the cycle of your creative system as declared in Isaiah 55:10, "The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry."
For this, I am rest assured because in the seasons of my life, when I don't' know what to do, I have you my Father, who knows what to do.

I am thankful to experience the change in seasons because it reminds me to keep sowing good seeds; love, peace, joy and much more, for the harvest time will always come round as declared in Genesis 8:22, "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."


So today Papa, I SAY THANK YOU for the privilege to experience the change in seasons, snow, rain, sunshine, wind and all. I thank you for it tells and shows the nature, shape and meaning of your perfect work.It shows the beauty and wonder of your creation. It shows that as in the physical, in my life, there are seasons, and everything will become perfect in it's season and time, just like snow in winter. I thank you because the seasons reminds me that in my life, every season has its purpose and plan and by your grace it will be used for your glory.

Papa, I pray that my basket of thanksgiving and praise is acceptable in your presence today. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I thanks, praise and Pray. Amen

CHILDREN OF GOD, WHAT ARE YOU
THANKFUL TO GOD FOR TODAY?


Much Love, Remi
***pictures by photobucket***

4 Comments:

ifeoluwa said...

Lol at your snow theory! We have also had up to 20 inches of snow in the last couple of days. I marveled and it got me thinking-
We all had our plans for the weekend, however God's plan superseded that because all airports/malls/churches were cancelled. kinda like proverbs 19 vs 21.


I thank you Lord for my seasons of preparation. It is crucial and I appreciate all the things you teach me in this season.

Myne said...

I thank you for it tells and shows the nature, shape and meaning of your perfect work.It shows the beauty and wonder of your creation.

And for that I also thank you Lord and trust in your seasons for my life.

David C Brown said...

Father, I thank Thee that from youth
I have been taught the word of truth.

And that word includes, ""Hast thou entered into the storehouses of the snow ... ?", Job 38: 22. It's all in His keeping!

Beauty Is Diverse said...

Great blog


Happy Holidays.